67 Top Ten Lessons from Delta 192 – Naked Man on the Runway at Atlanta Airport
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
There are many lessons that pilots can learn from the incident in Atlanta in which a man climb up on the wing of an arriving airliner, jumped off, and ran naked onto the runway.
1. There’s always something new that happens you’ve never seen before.
2. Early information is often is often incorrect.
3. When something very out of the ordinary happens, Stop immediately.
4. Shut down your engine.
5. Don’t start up again until you’re absolutely sure everyone is clear the area.
6. Relay information about things you see that others may not see.
7. If there’s any doubt about the condition of the plane, don’t start up without having someone inspect the aircraft, and consider having it towed.
8. Re evaluate your original plan based on what has just happened.
9. Defer to tower to sort things out….that’s their job
10. Be patient, its going to take time for things to get unsnarled. 11. Enjoy the show!
Question of the Month
Send us your audio recordings by July 31, 2018 answering this question: What did you learn after you got your private pilot certificate that you wished you learned while working on your private certificate? Click here to record your answer.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see my postings in the Blog section. And if you contribute each month, you can get some goodies!
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.