Please contact me with any questions, comments or inputs you have for the show by sending an email. If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
In this episode, Max reviews articles and eyewitness accounts of the Icon A5 crash that killed Roy Halladay. He then goes through the Icon A5 POH, listing its features and limitations and explains what instrument he would have included in the cockpit if he were designing the aircraft. He then discusses Icon’s Low Altitude Flying Guidelines, which Icon Aircraft released a few weeks before the accident. Finally he talks about the need to examine Icon’s marketing and training to see if there are any possible improvements that can be made.
Click here for the listener survey. Tell us what what ADS-B portable receiver you own or plan to buy, and what you like and dislike about it.
- Roy Halladay Icon A5 Crash
- Flying Car Maker Terrafugia Acquired By Chinese Company
- Air traffic controller arrested with homemade bomb
- New Weather Technology Helps Forecasters in Puerto Rico
- Visual Approach Guidance now available for GTN 650/750
- Cattle farmers kick off two-year Australia/New Zealand SBAS trial
- AOPA Seeking Pilot Comments on FAA Knowledge Test Experiences
- Oxford Aviation Academy branch in to train women pilots
- Turtle Rescuers Seek Pilot Help