236 Flying VOR approaches with GPS, Autopilot Gotchas + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
236 Max answers a listener question about how to use GPS to fly a full VOR approach. He also talks about how to fly a VOR approach with a course change at VOR. He also gives an update on VOR+V approaches and some autopilot gotchas with these approach types and with back course approaches.
- Garmin Hits 25,000 Delivery Milestone for Avionics Flight Decks
- Study finds no elevated lead levels in Reid-Hillview Airport’s soil
- FAA Fighting California County Over Leaded Fuel Ban for Planes
- Plagued By Lawsuits, East Hampton Moves To Close Airport
- Sacramento Exec Airport impacted by shortage of controllers
- NTSB: Pilot and Controller Faulted in Fatal Crash
- First flight for pilot who only studied online ends in crash
- SkyWest Finds a Solution to Pilot Shortage — Launch a New Carrier
- China aiming for 3,500 registered general aviation airplanes
- Delta Releases A Credit Card Made From a Boeing 747
- Two Jets Reject Takeoff on the Same Runway!
- What led to cars speeding on Medina airport runway?
Mentioned in the Show
FAA’s Risk Management Handbook FAA-H-8083-2A
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.