261 Fatal Bonanza Engine Failure Crash at Westchester Co. Airport + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us your feedback or comment via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
261 Max plays ATC audio and discusses a fatal Bonanza crash near the Westchester Co. Airport. He discusses things the pilot and controller might have done differently. The pilot declared an emergency about 22 minutes into the flight, though he’d been having engine issues for nearly 20 minutes. It also took him over 2 minutes to follow a vector toward the airport. Poor weather also played a role.
- Prelim Report on the American Eagle Ground Worker Sucked Into an Engine
- Pilot Union Trying To Cover For Crew In New York Near-Disaster
- Forbes Article: American JFK Runway Incursion Flight
- G100UL Avgas Replacement Set to Soon Hit Pumps
- FAA ‘Clarifies’ Previous Change Notice On Charting Private Airports
- New Rule Allows Voluntary 70-Year-Old Age Limit For Charter Pilots
- Man vs. machine
- Low Passes Over Boats Preceded Crash
- Charges filed against pilot who flew plane recklessly low over boat
- Colorado AirLife helicopter pilot headed to work arrested, charged with DUI
- Lawsuits in NC plane crash that killed 8 settled for $15M
- FAA releases guidelines for GA pilots as Super Bowl LVII nears
- Netflix in search of a flight attendant; willing to pay up to $385K per year
Mentioned in the Show
UK CAA’s Rejected Takeoffs article
Episode 258: A Pilot’s Story of Losing His Son in an Airplane Accident
Episode 259: Go Around Song – Interview with Singing Pilot Ken Dravis
Aeronca Champ experiencing Loss of Thrust On Take Off
16 year old solos in R-44 helicopter and Aeronca Champ on same day
AOPA The Companion Copilot YouTube Series
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.