243 Watsonville mid-air crash, slips with Catherine Cavagnaro + GA News
Discussion on the mid-air starts at the 22 minute point.
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
243 Max discusses the mid-air collision at Watsonville, CA airport. A Cessna 340 flew a long straight-in approach and was still at 180 knots when it hit a Cessna 152 that had just turned from base to final. That’s 60 knots faster than this aircraft has been on prior landings at Watsonville. All pilots and passengers were killed. Also, Max talks with Catherine Cavagnaro about slips.
- KY woman killed in DA40 Prop Strike
- ATC suggested Austin pilot ditch on interstate
- NTSB Report Sheds Light on Copilot Mid-Air Departure
- FLYING Launches an Aviation Job Board
- TurbAero is developing a Small Turboprop
- Researchers develop AI pilot that can navigate crowded airspace
- CFI takes controls from student on stable approach
- Aerodynamic stall on final fatal for pilot
- Cessna Citation crash in US caused by pilot incapacitation
- Pilot Arrested after Plane Crash in Minnesota
- Ohio Man Sentenced for Piloting Aircraft Without Valid Certificate
Mentioned in the Show
Watsonville mid-air crash story
ADSBexhange.com Ground Track for Watsonville mid-air
Catherine Cavagnaro YouTube Channel
Catherine Cavagnaro’s Ace Aerobatic School
AOPA Pilot Magazine Articles by Catherine Cavagnaro
Catherine Cavagnaro on Instagram
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.