66 Flight School Kidnapping Update, IFR Departure Procedures, SIDs, ODPs, GPS T-Routes + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Update on two flight school employees in Redding, CA arrested for kidnapping a student pilot and trying to force him to return to China.
Detailed discussion on IFR Departure Procedures, including Standard Instrument Departure (SID) procedures and Obstacle Departure Procedures (ODPs).
Max answers listener questions about GPS T-routes and about how flight training has changed over the years.
Question of the Month
Send us your audio recordings by July 31, 2018 answering this question: What did you learn after you got your private pilot certificate that you wished you learned while working on your private certificate? Click here to record your answer.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see my postings in the Blog section. And if you contribute each month, you can get some goodies!
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out our recommended Aviation Headsets, and order one for yourself!
Mentioned in the Show
Regional Pilot Salaries
- Chinese flight student had been expelled; kidnap charges disputed
- Court Denies Santa Monica Petition
- Concerns about GPS interference from proposed cell network
- Funding for Airports Shut Down by Presidential TFRs
- Privatization Fight Continues
- Siemens electric plane caught fire, crashes, killing both occupants
- L3 CTS opens Europe’s biggest airline pilot academy
- AMS Partners With SkyWest Airlines For Tuition Reimbursement
- New Cirrus SR18 spotted?