Please take the Aviation News Talk podcast 2017 Listener survey! Click here for the survey.
In this podcast, I explain the effects of hot weather on the general aviation airplanes and pilots. We talk about how to calculated density altitude, which is altitude compensated for non-standard pressure and temperature. We also talk about how humidity can also affect density altitude by as much as 32%, especially at lower altitudes. We also discuss the effects on human physiology and give tips for what pilots can do to minimize the effects of heat on themselves while preflighting and flying general aviation aircraft.
Plus listener email: we also discuss the new rules under which you can use an IFR-certified GPS when flying a VOR instrument approach, and how fuel pumps meters are certified by local counties to assure that you get the exact amount of fuel that you pay for.
- Heat Wave Sweeping the Southwest Affects the Airlines
- Flight 3407 families may face off against top Air Force general on ATP Requirements
- FAA Privatization Debate Presents Problem for Smaller Airports
- AOPA Working on PIREP Procedures
- French Pilot Bruno Vezzoli Crosses English Channel in a Flying Car
- AeroMobil Unveils Flying Car
- E-Volo Announces Test Flights of Autonomous Air Taxis in Dubai
- SureFly electric helicopter at Paris Air Show
- FlyHonda Program Allows Owners to Fly Their Fractional Jets
- AOPA offers ADS-B selector tool
- Cirrus Aircraft will outfit Lufthansa training fleet with 25 planes