227 My Near-Fatal Icing Incident + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
227 Max talks about a near-fatal icing incident he had 30 years ago in a C182, while flying his first long trip from Scottsdale, AZ to Palo Alto, CA. He flew into a strong storm he wasn’t expecting and encountered icing. He describes three pieces of luck that saved him. He also talks about two fatal accidents involving pilots who failed to get weather briefings before launching on long trips.
- Why Boeing Pilot Forkner was Acquitted in the 737 Max Prosecution
- Antonov Launches Fundraiser for ‘Revival’ of World’s Largest Cargo Airplane
- Last Learjet Rolls Off Bombardier’s Wichita Assembly Line
- Billy Nolen Named Acting FAA Chief
- Fast turn onto taxiway goes awry for Mooney pilot
- Two American Aircrew Injured After Being Shot During Robberies
- Pilot charged over alleged people smuggling attempt on his aircraft
- Pilot, 49, who lied about flying experience jailed for 12 months
- Shoeless pilot in stolen plane intercepted by French army jet
- Pilot, 76, loses licence after ‘flouting fundamental tenet of aviation safety’
- Air traffic controller had sex with a married woman while on duty
Mentioned in the Show
SoCal Beech Accident turbulence night SoCal 2019
SoCal Beech Accident – 2nd article
Elko, NV Turbulence crash – Search for Jan 11 for WPR18FA073 NTSB report
10 Essential Rules for New CFI!
What’s Wrong with Pilatus PC-12 Pilots
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.