169 Fuel Gauge Accuracy, IFR Visual Approaches, & Listener Close Calls + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
169 Max talks with American Bonanza Society Executive Director Tom Turner about FAA regulations for fuel gauge accuracy. Max discusses what to do if you have to go around after cleared for an IFR Visual Approach, and how it differs depending upon whether you’re at a towered on non-towered airport. Max also reads listener emails about close calls including icing, fuel management, and weather accidents.
- One Aviation’s $5M Ch. 11 Sale OK’d Despite Opposition
- GAMA publishes Q3 2020 aircraft shipments and billings
- Charging the Pipistrel ALPHA electro with sunshine
- New AOPA Weather Available Online an in AOPA app
- Current Study on Pireps Needs Pilot Input
- Plane crash survivor shares his story
- Planes crash after student tries to pass on the taxiway
- Flying with an air cast boot leads to loss of control
- Neuroscience studies suggest pilot’s brains are different
- Man Arrested For Crashing Drone Into LAPD Chopper
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Get Max Trescott’s G1000 and Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook, now in its Fifth edition. Call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.