216 Learjet Crash update, PIREPS made simple with Virga App + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
216 Max discusses the San Diego Learjet crash and how Garmin and ForeFlight Visual Approaches could have been used by the pilots for better situation awareness. He also talks with Matt Lane about using the Virga App to enter PIREPS with the Aviation Weather Center. A listener talks about his experience with flash evaporation, which prevented anti-icing fluid from covering his wings.
- EPA to assess health impacts of leaded aircraft fuel
- Helicopter pilot in fatal crash had been ordered not to fly, faces federal indictment
- What Caused The FAA To Issue A Brief Ground Stop On Monday?
- FedEx Seeks Permission to Install Missile Downing Lasers to Some Aircraft
- Delta airlines’ pilot shortage prompts cuts to regional service
- FAA Publishes 1,400 5G NOTAMs
- FAA Exempts Helicopter Medevacs From 5G Restrictions
- Canada commences ADS B trials
- Reliable Robotics launches new cargo airline
- Crows takeover Sunnyvale; how city is dealing with the nuisance
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.