270 Exploring the Causes of Two Recent Nighttime Accidents + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Aviation News Talk is a listener supported show. So if you listen, please sign up and join the club to support the show! Make a monthly donation via Patreon and get various goodies, or make a one time donation at PayPal.
Send us your feedback or comment via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
270 Max talks about two recent fatal night accidents that happened in Florida, which should have been avoidable. One occurred in Lantana after a full day of flying after purchasing an aircraft in Kentucky. After what may have been a bounced landing, the aircraft climbed extremely slowly, turned to the downwind, and lost control. The other involved a low time pilot taking off at night from Venice.
- Repair Parts Running Out For GNS 430/530
- Sacramento helicopter crash tied to possible theft attempt
- California Cadets Save Elderly Choking Victim in Restaurant
- FAA Reduces Time Allotted for Knowledge Tests
- Aviation Stakeholders Call for FAA to Increase Knowledge Testing Oversight
- En route IFR charts to have limited foreign information
- Mooney M20J 201 Crash
- Piper Reopens For Factory Tours
- U.S. Missionary Pilot & 2 Others Released from Mozambique Prison
- Two pilots suspended for keeping beverage in cockpit
- Michigan man dead after pointing laser and opening fire at police helicopter
- Man charged with attempted murder for shooting at SD police helicopter
Mentioned on the Show
#157 5 Ways Somatogravic Illusion is Killing Pilots
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.