241 Pilot versus ATC Controller Responsibilities + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
241 Max reads and comments on an email from a low time pilot who felt ATC was partially to blame for an RV-10 accident discussed in episode #239. Max explains that pilots are responsible for telling ATC when they don’t understand an instruction, which this pilot didn’t do. The pilot felt that since a chart didn’t match a controller’s clearance that ATC was to blame.
- EAA Mourns Loss of Tom Poberezny
- ForeFlight introduces the Sentry Plus
- AI-based PilotEye system will use cameras to scan for traffic
- PS Engineering’s new digital audio controller: PMA450C
- Trig’s New VHF Navcomm
- Kodiak 900
- Dynon Advanced introduces new AF-6600 display
- Sling Aircraft introduced a high wing aircraft
- CAE and Piper Team Up To Electrify the Archer
- Legislation introduced to raise mandatory pilot retirement age to 67
- NTSB: Pilot of crashed airplane was not instrument-rated
- NTSB: Pilot in fatal crash southwest was flying too low in the mountains
- Pilot crashes after failing to consider density altitude
- Stressed pilot panics when plane begins rolling forward
- Co-pilot Exits Aircraft Before Emergency Landing
- British tourist killed by helicopter rotor blades; 3 arrested including pilot
- Missouri man facing charges for allegedly shooting at plane
Trucker’s Video of DUI Student Pilot on Interstate
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.