176 Traffic Pattern Stall Myths, Listener Feedback + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
176 Max talks with Tom Turner about the reality of where stalls are most likely to occur in the traffic pattern. The myth is that stall are most likely to occur in the base to final turn, but that is not the case. A lady pilot pilot talks about an encounter as a teenager with an airline pilot that transformed her life and launched her aviation career. Plus listener feedback.
- EAA launches AeroEducate for kids 5 to 18
- We Finally Know Exactly How Bad The Pandemic Has Been for Airline Pilots
- Production Start for eFlyer 2
- BRITTEN-NORMAN TO AUTOMATE ISLANDER
- Tragic Pilot Error Blamed For USAF Afghanistan Surveillance Plane Crash
- FAA Aviation Weather Cams Coming To Hawaii
- Man charged with posing as air traffic controller, giving fake flight orders
- Former FAA employee ‘maliciously’ caused a communications blackout between 10 planes and Air Traffic Control over Hawaii
Mentioned in the Show
FAA Study: Human Error and GA Accidents
Tom Turner’s website
Subscribe to Tom Turner’s FLYING LESSONS newsletter
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Get Max Trescott’s G1000 and Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook, now in its Fifth edition. Call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.