200 What You Need to Know about Best Glide Speed, Recent Accidents + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
200 Max talks about important factors related to flying best glide speed and the importance of using a checklist during an engine out emergency. He explains how to judge whether you’ll make it to the airport or a particular field using visual methods and electronic tools and apps. He also talks about a number of recent accidents including a recent Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet accident.
- Haiti Earthquake Relief – Operation Airdrop
- Iowa Farmer Assisting with Haiti Relief
- Envoy Embraer E175 Involved In Chicago Area Drone Strike
- Envoy Midair Collision was with a Mylar Balloon
- Police drone hits plane; ‘major damage’ reported
- Pilot experiences side effects after flying immediately after COVID vaccine
- Reid-Hillview Airport Battles Misconceptions
- Certainty for General Aviation Pilots Act
- Pilot crashes after seat slides back during takeoff
- Engine Trouble, Plane-Car Collision Kills 4-Year-Old
- J-3 Cub Strikes Kayaker After Takeoff From Oregon Gravel Bar
- Piper J3C has Fatal Accident after Practicing 180 Return to Airport
- Helicopter Pilot Ticketed For Landing At A Dairy Queen For Dessert
Mentioned in the Show
NTSB Preliminary Report – Launchpad Marzari Accident
FAA Article: A Deaf Pilot’s Path to Aviation
FAA Article: Changing to LED lightbulbs
IFR Magazine article: IFR Circling – Conform with VFR Traffic Pattern
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.