229 Why Instrument Pilots Don’t File IFR and Crash in IMC + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
229 A listener asks why instrument pilots crash in IMC, when they seemingly have the skills to survive an inadvertent encounter with a cloud. Max talks about why instrument pilots often don’t file IFR, and why they sometimes crash. He also talks about the percentage of instrument pilots who aren’t current and yet still file IFR. He also shares his thoughts on the Red Bull Plane Swap stunt.
- Two stunt pilots attempt first-ever skydive plane swap
- FAA Revokes Certificate Of YouTuber Who Crashed Plane
- FAA apologizes for no warning before parachute jump, Capitol evacuation
- Tesla Crashes into a Vision Jet
- Medical Application Tracker Now Online
- Pilots push for helicopter wake-turbulence awareness
- UK’s Royal Air Force Completes Successful Electric Aircraft Trials
- NTSB to Cirrus: Address Fuel Boost Pump Issues with SR22T
- Halifax pilot earns unique reputation for flight path ‘sky art’ with Cirrus SR22
- Dominican Republic Releases Held Canadian Crewmembers On Bail
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.