Max talks with Rob Mark about remote towers, a new technology similar to air traffic control towers, and we discuss why FAA has been so slow to certify them in the U.S., despite successful demonstrations in Virginia and Colorado. Remote towers are in successful operation in other countries. Max also talks about somatogravic illusion how it was most likely the cause of the fatal crash of a Cirrus SR20 that involved a student pilot who crashed at night in NJ, starting an 800 acre wildfire.
Support the Show by buying a Lightspeed ANR Headsets
Max has been using only Lightspeed headsets for nearly 25 years! I love their tradeup program that let’s you trade in an older Lightspeed headset for a newer model. Start with one of the links below, and Lightspeed will pay a referral fee to support Aviation News Talk.
Lightspeed Delta Zulu Headset $1199
Lightspeed Zulu 3 Headset $899
Lightspeed Sierra Headset $699
My Review on the Lightspeed Delta Zulu
Send us your feedback or comments via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
- Fatal Cirrus SR20 crash in NJ results in wildfire
- New Guidance Eases Burden Of ADHD-Related Aeromedical Qualifications
- Cal Fire helicopter blades may have struck tire of 2nd copter in deadly collision
- Pilot runs out of fuel bringing new plane home
- Piper PA-28-161 Warrior III, N9855S loses wing in flight
- Accident Probe: Exceeding Capabilities
- Piper Cub pilot hits woman in kayak
- FAA Issues Rising Number Of Pilot Certificates
- Petition Asks FAA to Credit MQ-9 Pilot Hours Towards Certifications
- Pilot’s door ‘popped open,’ leading to July 4 helicopter rollover
- Knee replacement surgery contributes to crash
Mentioned on the Show
Rob’s article on Remote Towers on Jetwhine.com
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.