88 Four things you should know about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Carbon Monoxide Monitors + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Four Things to Know about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
88 Max talks in detail about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and CO Monitors.
1. Know the symptoms, which include headache, dizziness, upset stomach, vomiting, weakness, confusion, and chest pain. Skin is pink or pale and the lips bright red.
2. Most CO in planes is from a faulty heating system. So shut off the cabin heat, open windows, and land as soon as possible.
3. 43 percent of poisoned patients still have cognitive problems a year after their encounter.
4. Get an electronic CO Detector. This is a perfect Christmas gift for any pilot, so treat yourself to this potentially lifesaving device. We have two recommendations including:
Pocket CO KWJ Carbon Monoxide Detector $163
Sentry ADS-B Receiver with Carbon Monoxide Detector $499
A listener asked how he can get free ADS-B weather in flight without having to pay for an app. The FltPlan Go app for iOS, Android, and Windows is free. It’s compatible with the Garmin GDL 50 Portable ADS-B Receiver. Get these two items, and you should have free ADS-B weather and traffic for the foreseeable future.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Please Take our 2018 Listener Survey. I’d love to get your feedback and ideas for improving this podcast.
- Anchorage ATC evacuates tower after earthquake
- Carbon Monoxide kill four in Iowa crash
- Iowa Crash Autopsy results
- Utah Teens Steal Plane On Thanksgiving
- Half of U.S. Aircraft Fleet Will Miss ADS-B Deadline
- ForeFlight now supports synthetic vision on iPhone
- Beware of Non-FAA Aircraft Registration Renewal Notices
- FAA Accepting Applications From Experienced Controllers
- SkyDemon to display glider FLARM signals
- Zimbabwe aircraft crash victims threw luggage overboard
- CO Parks and Wildlife searches for pilot harassing wildlife
- Pilots Assist in Whale Rescue
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.