232 Personal Minimums that Expand and Contract – Catherine Cavagnaro + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Join now as a member to support the show with a donation via PayPal or Patreon.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
232 Max talks with Catherine Cavagnaro about personal minimums and how some of those minimums may expand and contract based on pilot proficiency, while other remain constant. Catherine also shares a number of stories. In one case, a pilot who she gave a Private checkride, took off in low IFR in an airplane and instrument panel that were knew to him and he crashed and killed his family.
- FAA Revokes Pilot Certificates For Red Bull Plane Swap Stunt
- Regional airline asks the FAA to let it hire pilots with less experience
- Pilots say they’re being blamed for plane crashes that aren’t their fault
- 1 killed after small plane crashes on Bridge, strikes SUV
- Dash cam video of plane that crashed on bridge
- Textron Announces Delivery of First Cessna SkyCourier to FedEx Express
- Cirrus seeks more workers in Duluth to catch up with demand
- Embraer To Hire 1,000 New Employees
- Runners participate in first Runway 5K at Roanoke Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Hawaiian Airlines building an 100 passenger, all-electric seaglider
- Fugitive Flight May Have Been Illegal Charter
Mentioned in the Show
Paul Bertorelli video – Ditching Survival Rates
FAA’s Personal Minimums Checklist
Cessna 182RG crash Gainesville, GA Search and download ERA21FA140
FAA’s No Go Medications List
Catherine Cavagnaro YouTube Channel
Catherine Cavagnaro’s Ace Aerobatic School
AOPA Pilot Magazine Articles by Catherine Cavagnaro
Catherine Cavagnaro on Instagram
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out our recommended Aviation Headsets, and order one for yourself!
Get the Free Aviation News Talk app for iOS or Android.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Like Aviation News Talk podcast on Facebook
Follow Max on Instagram
Follow Max on Twitter
Listen to all Aviation News Talk podcasts on YouTube or YouTube Premium
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.