256 Using Math to Fly Safely – Catherine Cavagnaro + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
256 Max talks with Catherine Cavagnaro about aviation factors that increase by the square of airspeed or height above ground. These include lift, turning radius, and landing distance. Noise at the ground also decreases by the square of the height above ground. Max also shares a story of a pilot who nearly killed him and about a way that a person can unchain an aircraft when it’s parked on an incline.
- Alaska, Fatal Midair: NTSB Issues Final Report, Safety Recommendations
- Used Aircraft Values Continue To Climb in November
- Congress moves to eliminate FAA LODA requirement
- Enstrom Gets Ability To Resume Helicopter Production
- Why the county gave up 20-year fight to ban jets at Lantana Airport
- Student seriously injured when he stalls during go-around
- Pilot’s mother injured by spinning propeller
- Missing pilot gushed about first solo trip before family died in plane crash
- Pilot pleads guilty to duping people before deadly 2021 helicopter crash
How NORAD Intercepts Enemy Aircraft Using Fighter Jets
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.