202 My Neighbor Clancy Prevost, 9/11 CFI Hero and Speaking Up + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
202 Max talks about his neighbor Clancy Prevost, the CFI who spoke up about Zacarias Moussaoui, the 20th 9/11 hijacker. Clancy was a former Northwest Captain who was giving Moussaoui ground school on operating the 747-400. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until Clancy asked him one question, and the change in the tone of Moussaoui’s voice led Clancy to push his superiors to call the FBI.
- Pilot and Fiancée Save 17 from Tennessee Flood
- SANTA CLARA COUNTY SEEKS NATIONAL BAN OF LEADED AVGAS
- FBI Is Selling Its Only High-Altitude Surveillance Aircraft
- SONEX GOES HIGH WITH NEW MODEL’S WING
- Would-be plane thief ordered to take mental exam
- Portales man sentenced for flying plane without a license
- Pilot transporting 296 kilos of cocaine from Bolivia crash lands in Brazil
- Rincon man sentenced in laser case
- Milwaukee man charged with aiming laser at FBI plane
- Golden Bay man fined after flashing police helicopter with laser pointer
- The FAA Recorded Almost 7,000 Laser Strikes Last Year
- FAA Introduces Software To Help Pinpoint Laser Offenders
- Guy Straps a Jet Engine to His Bike, Flies Down the Street at 83 MPH
Mentioned in the Show
Max’s blog: Clancy Prevost, CFI, American Hero
Testimony of Clarence Prevost in the Zacarias Moussaoui Trial
Pilot Spells out Never Forget
Battle of Palmdale
Video of Jet Engine Bike Test Ride
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.