132 Getting Pilots To Slow Down to Reduce Risk and Improve Performance + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
132 Max tells stories about pilots who made all kinds of mistakes by rushing. He talks about the many bumps his gotten during preflight. He also discusses poor checklist habits and how skipping one checklist item led to the destruction of a new $900,000. He also talks about how rushing radio communications leads to stepping on other pilot transmissions and inaccurate position reports.
- EAA to Give Free Admission to Youth at AirVenture
- Mooney Reopens Kerrville Factory
- BIPARTISAN BILL WOULD SPUR TRANSPORTATION CAREERS
- World’s First Electric Race Plane Unveiled at Dubai Airshow
- Pilots Report Bogus Landing Fee Charges Based On ADS-B Data
- Pilot is rescued after his plane crashes and gets tangled in power lines
- Alaska pilot convicted of lying to investigators after crash
- Border jumper tossed bags out of plane before arrest at B.C. airport
- AOPA ANNOUNCES 2020 FLY-IN LOCATIONS
- GA AIDS MIGRANT FARMING COMMUNITIES IN RURAL MEXICO
Mentioned in the Show
Mission Flight YouTube Video
Flying Magazine: Slow Down Your Flying
How (and why) Lufthansa trains its pilots in Phoenix, Arizona
A Year Of Stewardship – Managing A Flying Club Airplane
Caleb Carr, 25, Cofounded A Company To Help Stabilize Helicopter Baskets
Greenland Air Trophy 2020
Greenland Air Trophy 2020 YouTube Video
Columbia, CA Airport
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.