275 What Fixed Wing Pilots Need to Know about Helicopters + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Aviation News Talk is a listener supported show. So if you listen, please sign up and join the club to support the show! Make a monthly donation via Patreon and get various goodies, or make a one time donation at PayPal.
Send us your feedback or comment via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
275 Max talks about things fixed wing pilots should know about helicopters including their rotor downwash and wake turbulence, and how far away pilot should stay away from hovering and departing helicopters. He also talks about the Robinson Safety Notice, which says that airplane pilots are at high risk when flying helicopters. He also discusses regulations that differ for helicopters.
- Man Who Crashed Airplane for YouTube Video Pleads Guilty
- Openable window STC now covers much of GA fleet
- DeltaHawk’s jet-fueled piston engine receives FAA Certification
- 2 pilots killed on Hawaii-bound plane reported fuel problems before crashing
- Pilot flies with failed mixture control cable
- Final report on a Cessna 210 Flight that crashed on August 30 2022
- Aspen rolls back price on Evolution E5
- Air Traffic Control Is Short About 3,000 Staffers
- Republic Airways To Issue $100,000 Fine If Pilots Quit Within First Three Years
- FAA investigating close call between drone and State Patrol helicopter
- Wyoming highway closed for three hours so Air Force could land planes on it
Mentioned on the Show
American Bonanza Society
Tom Turner’s Mastery Flight website
Tough flight instructors are worth it… most of the time
#165 How to get a Helicopter License and a Job Flying Helicopters
Lone Star Helicopter website
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.