220 Why Smart Pilots Crash and an Icing Accident + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
220 Max talks about why smart pilots may be at some disadvantage and be more likely to have an accident, and he talks about an icing accident. A high-time CFI says smart pilots are the pilots he frets over most. Pilots may know isolated facts, but not don’t always see the big picture, and draw the wrong conclusion. Garry Hoy is an example of this. 30% of fatal accidents involve FAR violations.
- Turbo Skylane Returns To Textron Lineup
- Tracker gains FAA approval to track Elon Musk
- Are eVTOLs the “mother of all aerospace bubbles”?
- St. Louis County Backs Cirrus Expansion
- For Low-Time Pilot, Pattern of Small Errors Proves Fatal
- Young Pilot’s Suicide Prompts Action at UND
- Failure to follow checklist leads to crash
- Cirrus helicopter rotor wash accident
- Cirrus rotor wash accident – second story
- Cirrus Parachute Pull after Engine Failure
- Distracted pilot takes off with ladder hanging from landing gear
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.