277 External Pressures & Stress Lead to a Cessna 170 Accident + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Aviation News Talk is a listener supported show. So if you listen, please sign up and join the club to support the show! Make a monthly donation via Patreon and get various goodies, or make a one time donation at PayPal.
Send us your feedback or comment via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
277 Max talks with CFI Chris about how his self-imposed pressure and stress led to multiple incidents and accidents. Chris shares how a 1-hour checkout with the new owner of a Cessna 170 led to an accident. But Chris also had two other accidents or incidents within a 3-year period. He attributes all of them to external pressures and stress, and his tendency to try to pack too much into a day.
- No survivors found after Citation jet flew over DC and crashes in Virginia
- Colombian children vanished after a Cessna 206 crashes in jungle?
- Southwest CEO sees industry-wide pilot shortage persisting for three years
- WingX Reports Bizjet Activity Continues To Decline
- Piasecki Develops Hydrogen Helicopter at Sikorsky Factory
- Airframe icing fatal for two
- Close call between C172 and helicopter
- Weather Cameras Go Live in Maine
- A Marengo man has spent decades rebuilding a B-17 bomber in his barn
- FAA Lawsuit against Airline Alleging it Flew 1,000 Non-FAA Compliant Flights
- Southwest pilot climbs through cockpit window to unlock plane
Mentioned on the Show
SAFO 18015 Jet Fuel Contaminated with DEF
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.