239 Two Fatal IMC Accidents: a Low Time and a High Time Pilot + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
239 Max talks about two recent crashes. In one, a low time Private pilot flying a Vans RV-10 had what should have been an easily avoidable encounter with IMC near San Francisco. He was confused by a simple ATC instruction and didn’t have a plan B. Also, an IFR Mooney pilot took off from a coastal airport in SoCal into low IMC, experienced spatial disorientation, and crashed a mile from the airport.
- NTSB Cites Failure To Remove Control Lock In Snodgrass Crash
- Phil Washington Nominated to be Next FAA Administrator
- Research Cited At Conference Warns Of Increases In Turbulence
- ‘Artificial Turbulence’ Calms Ryanair Rowdies
- Van’s Unveils RV-15 High-Wing Prototype In YouTube Video
- 100% Mexican-designed and built plane takes its maiden flight
- Court Reinstates Two-Year Ban for Pilot Who Left Drug Test Early
- CA fire officials and FBI are targeting illegal drones near wildfires
- CFI mistakes landing gear lever and flap lever
- Electric system fails when alternator switch accidentally turned off
- Plane crashes after mechanic incorrectly rigs aileron control cables
- 80-year-old pilot shimmies 8 feet down a tree to escape crashed plane
Mentioned in the Show
Downfall – Boeing 737 Max Documentary on Netflix
Video: Pilot Landing Plane on Highway
Lessons Learned From ZeroAvia Electric Airplane Accident
Tackling Rotorcraft’s “Dirty Dozen”
Somatogravic Illusion: Aviation News Talk #157
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.