217 $202 Million F-22 Crash Report, Light Gun Test for Colorblind Pilots + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Join now as a member to support the show with a donation via PayPal or Patreon.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
217 Max talks about the Air Force’s report on an F-22 Raptor fighter crash that occurred in the Florida Panhandle in May 2020. The accident chain shows several mistakes including maintenance, pilot and technology errors, plus a wayward piece of tape combined to cause the crash. Later, Max talks with Jason Blair about the light gun test that colorblind pilots can take to get night flying privileges.
- Teenage Pilot Completes Around-the-World Flight
- NTSB Asks FAA To Require CO Detectors For GA Aircraft
- Coming soon: Super Bowl flight restrictions
- Sporty’s Launches New CFI Portal
- Pilot ADS-B error declines
- Pipistrel Introduces New, Already Certified Plane!
- Clearance phraseology confusion noted
- Volatile supply chain tightens grip on aviation industry
- Prelim NTSB Report for LA Train crash Search for WPR22LA076
- CBD can be risky for pilots
- Small plane crashes into fuel tanker truck before takeoff
- Trouble Flying Low Upon the Suwanee River
- Low-flying pilot ‘hit power line, shone landing light at cars then asked passengers to lie’
Mentioned in the Show
Plane/Train Crash Video – Twitter
Police Body Camera Video of Plane/Train crash
Emirates Boeing 777-300 Incident at Dubai
Patient Airlift Services
Jason Blair’s Website
Schedule a Checkride with Jason
Jason Blair’s YouTube Channel
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out our recommended Aviation Headsets, and order one for yourself!
Get the Free Aviation News Talk app for iOS or Android.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Like Aviation News Talk podcast on Facebook
Follow Max on Instagram
Follow Max on Twitter
Listen to all Aviation News Talk podcasts on YouTube or YouTube Premium
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.