245 What You Need to Know about TIS, TAS, and ADS-B Traffic Systems + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
245 Max talks about Traffic Systems. Plus, GAMI’s G100UL gains FAA approval for all piston engines! Traffic Information Service or TIS, Traffic Advisory Systems or TAS, and ADS-B systems call all be found in glass cockpit aircraft. Pilots need to learn the limitations of each system and their different traffic symbols to know the type of traffic system installed in each aircraft they fly.
- G100UL Fuel Approved by FAA
- AOPA article on G100UL
- Certification of remote tower at Loveland still years away
- Companion copilot video series released
- Two Pilots Are Under Investigation For a Brawl in the Cockpit
- 2022 Midyear Aircraft Deliveries Up Across Most Segments
- Free app could increase DPE availability by 20%
- Boat nearly collides with Floatplane with ‘dangerous maneuvers’
- Searey sinks after hitting wave from a boat
- First flight out of maintenance goes awry
- Familiarization flight ends in crash
- Controller Story – Windy
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.