143 What You Need to Know about Wind Shear + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
143 Max talks about Wind Shear, which is one of the required topics for which student pilots must receive ground instruction in order to get a Private certificate. He talks about what wind shear is, and the accident that led scientists to research wind shear and how they used radar in their research. He also talks about where wind shear is found, how to avoid it, and how to report it.
- Positive Drug Rate Rises in Pilots of Fatal Accidents
- Coronavirus Cancellations and postponements
- EAA Ford Tri-Motor Tour Temporarily Standing Down
- AOPA AIR SAFETY INSTITUTE CANCELS SAFETY SEMINARS
- AOPA URGES FAA TO LIFT ‘IMPOSSIBLE’ COMPLIANCE BARRIERS
- FAA says 11 air traffic facilities affected by coronavirus outbreak
- Free online courses to students and the public
- Textron furloughs 7,000 workers
- Massive Damage Left In Wake of Tennessee Tornadoes
- 2020 CFI of the Year Named
- New Flight School For Women
- NTSB: Alaska’s high crash rate warrants a broad review
- FAA Steps Up Illegal Charter Clampdown
- Man Arrested For Shooting At San Diego Police Helicopter
Mentioned in the Show
Wind shear article: Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society
Wind shear escape maneuver
Harold Livingston, guest on Airplane Geeks podcast in #348
Doctor uses helicopter to call on Tangier Island
Avoid Tangier Island for Now due to COVID-19
The Happiness Lab Podcast
Jason Blair Book: Buying an Airplane
Jason Blair Book: Owning an Airplane
US Health Weather Map – smart thermometer data
Backstory on wake turbulence photo
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.