260 Knowing When to Attempt the Impossible Turn with Rob Mark + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
260 Max talks with Rob Mark about a listener based at KPWK who usually departs runway 16, and turns within 1/2 mile of the runway, because KORD is straight ahead. This puts him in a better position for returning to the airport, provided he lands on one of the other runways. Rob and Max talk about why the FAA recommends landing straight ahead, and the training one should do before turning back.
- Delta Jet Makes Emergency Stop as Jet Crosses Runway at JFK
- Soaring Prices For Used Aircraft Appear To Be Leveling Off
- Bizjet COVID Boom Easing As Newbies Drift Away
- FAA Deletes Foreign Information From Sectionals
- GA Airport Turned Into Emergency Base In Storm-Ravaged California
- Santa Barbara Airport begins phased reopening after storm
- Bad Weather Report Leads To A Fatal Crash On A Snowy Flight
- Young Pilot Force-Lands Small Plane on Snow-Covered Cliffside
- AOPA fires back at Santa Clara County amid 100LL fuel ban discourse
- Airfield Owners Take Neighbor to Court for Jogging near ‘Runway Safe Zone’
Mentioned in the Show
A Case Study In Honesty; Pilot Loses Medical
ILS Critical Area: When Should You Hold Short?
Flying Companion Seminar
Rob Mark’s JetWhine.com blog
AC 61-83J – Teaching Turn Back to Runway
Captain Brian Schiff’s webinar on the “Possible” Turn
The FAASTeam brochure P-8740-44, “Impossible Turn”
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.