250 Learning Airspace and Measuring Distances to Clouds + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
250 Max talks about different types of airspace and how to remember each of their visibility and cloud clearance requirements. He spends a lot of time on Class E and Class G airspace, which are the most confusing to pilots. He also talks about his technique for measuring your distance from clouds.
- Nall Report Finds Overall Accident Rate Decreased In 2020
- Plane destroyed in mid-air collision was not transmitting location
- Two Fatal Bird Accidents
- CFI killed on takeoff after student pitches too high
- Man Killed by Propeller of Plane He Rented for Date
- Plane Buyer Crashes on First Takeoff
- Pilot Dies in Inflight Breakup of Seamax M-22
- Parachute Saves Pilot after Pipistrel Inflight Breakup
- No mechanical issues found after Horsetooth plane crash
- Hydrogen-Electric Caravan Proposed
- Airport manager quits after accusations of drinking and driving on runway
Mentioned in the Show
SoCal TEC Routes website
CPPP – COPA Pilot Proficiency Program
Orange Aero Club
Check Out Lightspeed’s ANR Headsets
Lightspeed Delta Zulu Headset $1099
Lightspeed Zulu 3 Headset $899
Lightspeed Sierra Headset $699
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/