165 How to get a Helicopter License and a Job Flying Helicopters + GA News
165 Max talks with Steve Bush, owner of Lone Star Helicopters, about FAA requirements for a Private helicopter certificate and the typical hours required. Steve also talks about the different types of helicopters used in the training and their typical cost. He also talks about the current strong market for helicopter pilots, and typical number of hours needed to qualify for different helicopter jobs.
- Airline Loans
- Airline Layoffs
- Grounded Pilots Land Jobs In Agriculture
- FAA introduces aircraft pilot workforce development program
- Night-flying Chinook begins fire contract in California
- Pilot on wrong frequency hits another plane while landing
- Avidyne and Daedalean partner on detect-and-avoid system for GA aircraft
- Perfect Liquid Probe measures fuel level with ultrasonic technology
- Pilot Gets Prison Time For Obstructing Accident Investigation
- Man arrested over jailbreak attempt after helicopter booking blunder
Videos Mention in the Show
Helicopter Tour over Downtown Austin, TX
Lone Star Helicopter – Getting a Helicopter Certificate
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Get Max Trescott’s G1000 and Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook, now in its Fifth edition. Call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.