128 Garmin Autoland Interviews with the Garmin Engineers, Fire TFRs + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
128 Max visits Garmin headquarters and interviews engineers and management responsible for the new Autoland system. We talk about when development started, some of the key steps in the development process, and some of the challenges Garmin faced in implementing Autoland. We had many listener questions about the system, and we go answers to many of those questions. A listener ask about Fire TFRs, and another listener asks about why pilots don’t always fly with the fuel selector in the Both position.
- FAA to allow pilots with diabetes to fly commercial jets
- Honeywell Predicts Single-Pilot Future
- FAA Completes Runway Status Lights Rollout
- Turboprop Aircraft, Design and Tooling Discovered in Kansas Barn
- BACKCOUNTRY FAVORITE ‘DRACO’ to fly again
- Report: Pilot who crashed into pickup worried about wet turf
- British Airways to fund flying lessons in 2020
- Pilot forced to abort landing after firework explodes next to plane
- Passenger’s hat flies out of plane, hits propeller
- Epic Aircraft E1000 Receives Type Certificate
- A most unusual marriage proposal: Floating weightless in a plummeting plane
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Please Take our 2019 Social Media Survey. I’d love to understand how you use, or don’t use, social media, so I can target social media posts and advertising for Aviation News Talk to other people similar to you.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.