136 Flying the Cirrus Vision Jet, Landing at O’Hare, and Challenging IFR Departures + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
136 Max flew 75 hours in the Vision Jet in the past five weeks, and he talks about those experiences, including landing at Chicago O’Hare. He also talks about a complicated IFR departure from Brackett Field that felt like it was from the 1950s, and he argues for updating some Obstacle Departure Procedures to make them easier to fly with new modern RNAV capable glass cockpits.
- FAA Releases Advisory Circular Covering ADS-B Ops
- Mexico Delays ADS-B Mandate Until 2022
- Survey Seeks Pilot Input on FAA Tests
- Garmin launches electronic ‘steam’ instruments
- Mooney furloughs employees again, walks back holiday pay
- Toyota invests millions in Joby eVTOL
- New initiative launches to offer long term aircraft rentals to student pilots
- ForeFlight founder, astronaut among Texas Aviation Hall of Fame Class of 2020
- FAA releases NOTAM for Super Bowl traffic
- Cell Phone Departs Mooney Over Open Desert: Guess What Happens Next
- Pilot blames accident on his dog
Mentioned in the Show
Jim’s Shelter Cove Video
C-130 Aircraft Incident Update
Pilot and two spectators killed in Guatemala airshow crash
Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash
Why insurance rates are increasing 10 to 100 percent
A lesson for Life – Air Facts Journal
Downwind Or Downhill?
Pilots, OTC Drugs Can Be Interactively Bad
FAA Aviation Safety: Pilots and Medication
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.