159 Aviation Weather Briefings and other Preflight Action Required by 91.103 + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
159 Pilots need to know how to do a weather briefing before they fly, and there are several other things you are required to do by FAR 91.103. For some flights, you’re not required to get a weather briefing, and we explain why. We’ll show you how to get a weather briefing from a free weather source. If addition to weather, you’re also required to consider fuel, alternatives and known ATC delays.
- Bye Aerospace Chooses eFlyer 2’s Emergency Recovery System
- Pipistrel and Green Motion to create electric aircraft charging network
- Pipistrel offers type certified electric motor
- Rolls-Royce & Tecnam Hybrid Powertrain — H3PS
- Avionics sales plunge 37%
- SIRIUSXM Tour Brings Tunes to the Cockpit
- Garmin’s G500 TXi option for older Cirrus SRs
- New Colorado Aviation Weather Cameras Operational
- NTSB: aircraft involved in mid-air collision had retardant on windshield
- Man pleads guilty to pot charges after Medford plane crash
Mentioned in the Show
SiriusXM Tour Radio $149 – Order Here
Latinas in Aviation Book – Order Here
A Speck in the Sea – NYT Article about Fisherman
7-Day U.S. Prog Charts surface
General Aviation Pilot’s Guide to Preflight Weather Planning
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.