233 What You Need to Know about Advisory Glide Slopes and Update on Cessna 208 Caravan Crash in Burley, ID + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
233 Max talks about advisory glide slopes found on some RNAV approaches and what most pilots don’t know about them. He also gives an update on the crash of a Cessna 208 Caravan that he talked about in episode 230, and how the advisory glide slope could have helped in that crash. We also hear from Marc Epner, who recently had an engine failure in his Cirrus SR22 and successfully landed in a field.
- Pilot Who Became Unconscious Mid-Flight Leaves Hospital
- Foreign pilots rush in as U.S. carriers struggle to staff up
- Landon Lucas, pilot known for emergency landing, survives NM crash
- NY State Supreme Court Keeps East Hampton Airport Public, for Now
- Near miss is actually a strike
- Pilot credentials will be investigated in fatal plane crash in Covington
- China Eastern Black Box Points to Intentional Nosedive
- Homeowner Backed for Threatening to Call Cops on HOA Over Airplane
- Pilots presumed dead in plane crash lost control in freak weather
- Man shines laser beam at helicopter believing it was a UFO
Mentioned in the Show
AIM: Avoid Flight in the Vicinity of Exhaust Plumes
Burley, ID Plans to Move Airport, Lost FAA Funding
Burley, ID FAA Recommends Shortening Runway
Marc Epner’s Engine Out YouTube video
SimpleFlight Radio podcast
First commercial pilot with diabetes approved to fly
Laser Eye Protection for Pilots
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.