230 Visual Illusions and Map Errors in a Cessna C208 Crash + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
230 Max talks about the crash in April 2022 of a Cessna 208 Caravan in Burley, Idaho. The weather included light snow and mist, and Max talks about the visual illusion when pilots are flying in mist or fog that causes them to pitch down. Max also flew the instrument approach into Burley in a flight training device and noted an error on the moving map that may have led the pilot to descend early.
- Plane Swap Luke Aikins Instagram post
- Student pilot comes under fire while landing a plane at Gardner Airport
- Diamond Predicting 20-Minute Charge For Electric eDA40
- FAA begins investing $1 billion into ATC
- Gulfstream G700 Caught in Crosshairs of 737 Max Fallout
- United Snuck a Flight Simulator Onto Its App
- Air France pilots almost crash Boeing 777 in Paris amid struggle
- Cigarette Smoking Pilot Caused Egyptair Plane to Crash: Secret Report
- Russian drug trafficker swapped by US for Trevor Reed was pilot nabbed by DEA
- Cape May fisherman retrieves WWII-era aircraft engine from ocean
Mentioned in the Show
Kathryn’s Report: Cessna 208 Crash Burley, ID
RNAV (GPS) RWY 20 approach at Burley, ID
Visual Illusions – FlightSafety.org
Visual illusion in fog, Spicejet heavy landing saga
Airplane Flying Handbook free PDF
Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge free PDF
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.