189 AOPA on Warbirds Adventures Case and its Impact on CFIs, Cirrus Safety Award + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Please help support the show with a donation via PayPal or Patreon.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
189 Max talks with AOPA General Counsel Justine Harrison and Jared Allen about the impact of the Warbirds Adventures Case on Flight Instruction. The immediate impact is if you provide instruction for compensation in a limited category aircraft, you need an FAA exemption. The FAA has been asked to interpret how the decision affects other flight instruction. Max receives Cirrus 2020 Safety Award.
- The Warbirds Adventure Case
- Grumman Tiger Intercepted By F-16s with Flares Inside TFR
- Airline fires 2 pilots after emergency door flew off airplane
- WA State Patrol pilots successfully test special laser eye protection
- Portable speaker ripped off floatplane propellers during takeoff
- Pilots Favors Restrictions On Use of ADS-B For Enforcement
- NTSB: Rudder Misapplication Cited in King Air Crash
- Judge refuses to dismiss low YSU stadium flight case against pilot
- Low-Flying Pilot Arraigned
- Massachusetts bill to charge $1,000 landing fee to be revised
- Helicopter used to Dry High School Baseball Field
Mentioned in the Show
NOVA – Hindenburg: The New Evidence
NOVA – Great Electric Airplane Race
Traveling Salesman Problem Solved for Airports in Every State
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out our recommended Aviation Headsets, and order one for yourself!
Get the Free Aviation News Talk app for iOS or Android.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Like Aviation News Talk podcast on Facebook
Follow Max on Instagram
Follow Max on Twitter
Listen to all Aviation News Talk podcasts on YouTube or YouTube Premium
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.