231 One Mistake Too Many: Fatal Pilatus PC-12 Crash + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
231 Max talks about the crash of a Pilatus PC-12 that occurred on takeoff in ½ mile visibility in snow in SD. The aircraft, which has 10 seats, was carrying 12 people on a hunting trip. It was overweight and operating outside its C.G. limits. The pilot spent three hours removing snow and ice, but couldn’t reach the tail. A simulation showed the plane could have flown except for one additional mistake.
- First U.S. Private Pilot Certificate Earned Using an Electric Airplane
- Pipistrel Seeking To Fly Electric Velis Trainer Under New FAA Rules
- Jet A More Expensive Than Avgas
- Spring Training for general aviation pilots
- Pilot: FAA suspension and precedent are threat for backcountry pilots
- Pilotless Plane Crashes Into House
- Google will finish vast revamp of Hangar One in Mountain View by 2025
- Pilots Weren’t Certified to Fly Corporate Jet That Ran Off Runway
- Pilot sentenced to one year probation after threatening to steal a helicopter
- Passenger Who Open Door Inflight Sentenced to One Year in Jail
- Passenger lands plane at Florida airport after pilot becomes ‘incoherent’
Mentioned in the Show
PC-12 Crash Chamberlain, SD: NTSB Public Docket
PC-12 Crash – Kathryn’s Report.com
NTSB’s Safety Alert SA006 – Aircraft Ground Icing
Minimum Vectoring Altitude KML files
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.