180 What You Should Know about Flaps with Catherine Cavagnaro + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
180 Max talks with pilot examiner Catherine Cavagnaro about flaps and some misperceptions about them. Catherine starts by sharing two checkride stories where there were issues with knowledge about flaps. Max also answers listener questions, including one about using a GPS glide path for flying visual approaches and another from a new CFI about when to start teaching student pilots to use a GPS.
- Frontier Flight Avoids “Catastrophic” Deicing Incident
- Birmingham Airport: Step ladder left on runway as planes land
- Rolls-Royce powers up electric aircraft ahead of world record attempt
- Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers May Receive J & J Vaccine
- Pandemic Jet Buyers Regretting Purchases
- TSA Wants To Hire 6,000 Officers Ahead Of Summer Travel Surge
- NetJets Secures Options For 20 Supersonic Bizjets
- Erickson To Begin Flying Optionally-piloted Air Crane Next Year
- 5-year-old battling cancer becomes pilot for a day at MacDill AFB
Mentioned in the Show
TSA Jobs Website
AOPA TIS-A Survey
Train on a Runway in New Zealand
Airline Pilot Guy Podcast
Electric Airplane Air Race
Best Aviation Jokes – M&R Joke Hour episode 29
Matthew Brooder’s First Solo Flight
Catherine Cavagnaro’s Flight School
Catherine Cavagnaro’s AOPA Articles
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.