281 What’s Wrong about the 70-50 Takeoff Rule with Catherine Cavagnaro + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Aviation News Talk is a listener supported show. So if you listen, please sign up and join the club to support the show! Make a monthly donation via Patreon and get various goodies, or make a one time donation at PayPal.
Send us your feedback or comment via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
281 Max talks with Catherine Cavagnaro about the Myth of the 70-50 takeoff rule and what’s wrong with it. It seems that 70-50 rule is extracted from a basic but unrealistic model for aircraft takeoffs that ignores air resistance. The same model predicts her Bonanza will go supersonic shortly after takeoff. Even if the rule were valid, a pilot wouldn’t rotate until the last inch of the runway.
- Flying Wild Pilot Jim Tweto Killed In Crash
- FAA updates nontowered flight operations AC
- Florida’s ‘Learn to fly’ license plate
- Pilots’ confusion caused 2021 cargo plane crash off Hawaii
- Fighter jet intercepts planes over Bay Area during Biden visit
- Engine problems lead to gear-up landing
- NASA Axes X-57 Maxwell Before First Flight
- Training flight proves fatal for CFI and student pilot
- Airport Worker ‘Ingested’ By Plane Engine Reportedly Died By Suicide
- Hackers steal personal info on pilot applicants at American and Southwest
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
“Go Around” song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.