77 Twenty Things your CFI Didn’t Teach You as a Student Pilot, NTSB Report on Air Canada 759 SFO Incident + GA News.
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Twenty Things your CFI Didn’t Teach You
Listeners share stories about things they wished they had learned as student pilots, but had to figure out for themselves as Private Pilots. Here’s my list of those items.
1. How to Prepare for a Flight Review
2. Using Clearance Delivery, approach and departure control
3. Complex and High Performance Endorsements
4. Checking Out in Other Airplanes
5. Flying in the Mountains
6. The dangers of flying at Night
7. It Can Happen To Me
8. Flying at Night without a Moon
9. Renting a Plane at another Flight School
10. Planning Entries to Airports with Multiple Runways
11. Managing Descents
12. How to Buy a New or a Used Airplane
13. How to Conduct Flights so Passengers will want to fly with you again — “Fly the plane like you have 100 passengers in back who you want to come back.”
14. What to do if you’re ramped checked by the FAA 15. What to do if you’re given a phone number to call
16. Part 134 ½ charter operations
17. If you’re going to hit something while taxiing, hit something cheap!
18. How to Use Self Serve Fuel
19. How to Hear a weak signal on the radio; what to do when you Center or Approach gets so weak you can no longer hear them.
20. How to disconnect the Hobbs Meter before you fly, and how to remember to Reconnect it after the flight!
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Blog section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out our recommended Aviation Headsets, and order one for yourself!
Get the Free Aviation News Talk app for iOS or Android.
Mentioned in the Show
Cirrus Migration 16 Event – Las Vegas, October 11-14, 2018
AOPA’s Rusty Pilot’s Online Presentation
Private Pilot’s Chronicle blog article – Lost Luggage
Max Interviewed on SimpleFlight Radio podcast
Conducting an Effective Flight Review
Houston Hobby SR20 Traffic Pattern Accident
Midair Collision: Piper Cherokee vs. Robinson R22 Helicopter
- Long Island flight instructor involved in deadly 2016 plane crash arrested
- FAA Publishes New Settlement Policy for First-Time Violators of Drug, Alcohol Testing Requirements
- Used Skyhawks a Hot Item
- Night-flying by fire agencies in California gains interest as state’s wildfire threat grows
- NTSB Report on Air Canada 759 Taxiway Incident at SFO
- Pay only when you fly insurance launched
- Should the U.S. Air Force Bomb Forest Fires?
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.