84 Ten Things Pilots Do that bug ATC Controllers – Interview with Brandon Gonzales
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Things Pilots Do that bug ATC Controllers
Here’s Brandon’s List:
1. Monitor the freq. before you speak.
2. Cleared for immediate takeoff, but then not doing it. Or, worse yet, doing it too quickly when not prepared.
3. IMMEDIATELY- Used by ATC when such action compliance is required to avoid an imminent situation
EXPEDITE− Used by ATC when prompt compliance is required to avoid the development of an imminent situation.
4. If you can’t accept or comply, advise. Maybe even provide an alternative that you can do.
5. If you don’t understand instructions. Please ask for clarification!
6. Repeating everything back verbatim. Use judgment with respect to read backs.
7. Hold short readbacks need the words hold short with callsign and runway number
8. Traffic calls. Use looking, or traffic in sight, not ‘See it on the Fish Finder”
9. Spelling out local airports phonetically; Don’t use the the Kilo
10. Turning early crosswinds and cutting out traffic. The AIM says turn crosswind when 300’ below TPA.
11. Doing a touch and go when cleared to land.
12. Turning base without a sequence is very dangerous.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies! Free recent Patreon posts:
Using 911 to Get Better Cell Service from the Air
Free Garmin Webinars
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Please Take our 2018 Listener Survey. I’d love to get your feedback and ideas for improving this podcast.
Mentioned in the Show
Podcasting on a Plane Podcast