98 Pilot Communications with ATC: What Not to Read Back to Controllers + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
98 Max talks about pilot communications. Some pilots repeat everything to ATC. This is better than not repeating key items, as ATC will have to say it again and ask you to read it back. The problem is there’s limited bandwidth, and only one person can talk at a time. On quiet frequencies this isn’t a problem. But in time critical situations, ATC can’t talk until you stop talking.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Please Take our 2019 Listener Social Media Survey. I’d love to get your feedback and ideas for improving this podcast.
SubSonex Sport Jet JSX-2 video with AOPA’s Dave Hirschman
- Police: Pilot in fatal California crash had fake records
- Small Plane Without Pilot Crashes at Modesto Airport
- Teen grabbed air taxi controls over Western Alaska, troopers say
- Lawmakers propose funding FAA in future shutdowns
- Airbus Creates Electric Airplane Race
- ForeFlight Brings Airport 3D Views
- Flight instructor investigated in Italy air crash; 7 dead
- Many concerned at impact of CASA changes on Angel Flight
- NAV CANADA SEEKS ADS-B ANTENNA DIVERSITY
- Pilot’s crop duster hit by bullets; 55-year-old suspect arrested