251 Managing Engine Failures and Your Energy with Cirrus’ Jeff Galloway + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
251 Max talks with Cirrus Aircraft’s SF50 Instructor Pilot Jeff Galloway about using energy management techniques after an engine failure. Jeff is a former Air Force F-15 instructor pilot, and he talks about staying in the energy cone around an airport, and managing your energy to touchdown. He shares stories of two pilots who failed to reach the runway, because they didn’t follow the process.
- Bizarre Theft Wave Targets Rotax Engine Used In Iranian Drones
- NTSB Identifies Potential Safety Issue In Fatal DHC-3 Crash
- Pilot makes forced landing in school playground
- GPS interference caused the FAA to reroute Texas air traffic.
- Planes in 2 fatal Alaska crashes had holes in floats, NTSB reports
- Pilot bends Beech after failing to familiarize himself with wind
- General aviation may get a new voice at the FAA
- Florida man faked forms to steal a jet and gets prison time
- Cuban Defector Flies Stolen An-2 To Florida
- Ex-Marine Corps Harrier Pilot Has Been Arrested
- NORCAL Approach to pilot: “Spider webs reported on your route”
- All About Ballooning Spiders in Northern California
Mentioned in the Show
SIU researchers pioneer use of psychology to optimize student pilots’ success
Check Out Lightspeed’s ANR Headsets
Lightspeed Delta Zulu Headset $1099
Lightspeed Zulu 3 Headset $899
Lightspeed Sierra Headset $699
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/