166 Instrument Flying Gotchas, Filing IFR Flight Plans, and a Pilot Deviation + GA News
166 Max talks about IFR gotchas he’s encountered recently. He also talks about his recent five-day trip flying a Vision Jet around the West. He discusses closing flight plans at non-towered airports and how failing to do so can lead to a pilot deviation. He discusses his Rule of Two which led to going missed early, the DFC90 autopilot, and a restriction for RNAV-equipped aircraft starting at an IAF.
- Nall Reports Show Drop In Accident Rates, Get New Platform
- DoD study suggests it’s very hard to contract COVID-19 on an airplane
- Nearly 100 U.S. air marshals have been infected with COVID-19
- Texas woman died on a plane of Covid-19 in July
- California Getting State Of The Art Fire Fighting Helicopters
- Record Flight for Electric Airplane at Camarillo Airport
- Autonomous electric crop duster gets approval for US demos
- Garmin Autoland receives Aviation Week’s Grand Laureate Award
- Incorrect altimeter setting results in CFIT
- Mexican military seizes private jet carrying $72 million worth of cocaine
- Delta pilot arrested for intoxication before flight sentenced
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Get Max Trescott’s G1000 and Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook, now in its Fifth edition. Call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.