185 Martha Lunken Flies Under Bridge, Loses Certificates; EZWxBrief App by Dr. Scott Dennstaedt + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
185 Max talks about columnist Martha Lunken’s flight under a bridge, which led to the revocation of her certificates. Typically, that violation would result in a several month suspension. But FAA contends she also turned off her ADS-B Out, which led to the revocation. Dr. Scott Dennstaedt talks about his EZWxBrief App, which compares a pilot’s personal minimums with current and forecast weather.
- American Airlines to start hiring pilots again
- Southwest To Recall Pilots And Flight Attendants
- NTSB Report Cites Failure Of ‘See and Avoid’ In Alaska Midair
- New study: Pilots downplay the impact of stress on flight safety
- Flight testing reveals electric aircraft reduce noise pollution
- SierraTrax Launches Scanning Network for Digitizing Aircraft Logbooks
- Piper Debuts New Piper 100i at Sun ‘n Fun
- Bye Aerospace Introduces Eight-Seat eFlyer
- EXTRACTING VISIBILITY INFORMATION FROM WEATHER CAMERAS
- OKLAHOMA AEROMEDICAL CONSULTANT ACCUSED OF BILKING PILOTS
Mentioned in the Show
National Weather Service River Watch Program
2018 Blog Post on River Watch Program
Alaska Runway Marking Project
Scott Dennstaedt’s EZWxBrief App
Scott Dennstaedt’s Online Weather Consulting
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.