118 Instrument Flying and IFR Listener Questions + General Aviation News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
118 GA news plus Max answers listeners questions on Instrument Flying and IFR including questions about how to save money on an instrument rating, using a simulator to get an instrument rating, when to switch from GPS to the Nav radio on localizer and VOR approaches, Legally using GPS on the entire VOR approach, whether to train in a round gauge airplane or a glass cockpit like in a Cirrus.
- FAA investigates report of Boston MedFlight pilot falling asleep
- Thieves Break Into At Least Nine Airplanes In N.H.
- Southwest Airlines Launches New Pilot Pathways Program
- Senator seeks input from GA pilots
- Pilot in Mesquite crash landing denies drinking and flying
- FAA: ICAO Flight Plan Format Becomes Mandatory
- Unleaded avgas for sale at KSQL
- Family sues FAA over crash, claims ATC gave pilot false information
- Silver Spitfire departs on round-the-world flight
- Boy who stole two planes for a joyride could receive pilot training
- Jessica Cox To Take Delivery Of Her First Airplane
Mentioned in the Show
How to Complete an ICAO Flight Plan
Summary of Sen. Inhofe’s Aviation bill
Silver Spitfire Around-the-World Flight Tracker
Max on Plane Talking UK #279 podcast
Icon A5 crash video
Icon A5 Wheeling, IL crash found by pinging cell phone
Icon Workforce Reduced by 40 Percent
NTSB: Pilot Error in Icon Crash in Wheeling, IL
Flying Companion Seminar by 99s in San Jose, CA
Airport Restaurants website
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Please Take our 2019 Social Media Survey. I’d love to understand how you use, or don’t use, social media, so I can target social media posts and advertising for Aviation News Talk to other people similar to you.
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.