140 Coronavirus Hits Airlines and General Aviation + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Please help support the show with a donation via PayPal or Patreon.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
140 Max talks about how Coronavirus, COVID-19, is impacting airlines, charter flights, and flight training. Airlines are reducing schedules, grounding aircraft, and giving employees voluntary time off at reduced pay, and stepping up aircraft cleaning efforts. Oil prices have plummeted, but not enough to offset revenue decline. The charter flight industry is seeing some short term increase in demand.
- United trims schedules up to 20%
- United Offers Pilots Time Off at Reduced Pay
- Airlines don’t need those grounded Boeing 737 Maxes after all
- Airlines Could Benefit From Lowest Jet Fuel Price In Two Years
- Air France-KLM Faces $1 Billion Fuel Hedging Loss
- Airlines could get tax relief from White House
- President seeks to stamp out airline bailout talk
- Flashback: American Airlines CEO: We’ll never lose money again
- Administration clashes with airlines over coronavirus
- Lufthansa To Ground Entire Airbus A380 Fleet
- Coronavirus: Airlines are flying ‘ghost’ planes to keep flight slots
- Southwest Airlines announces ‘enhanced’ cleaning procedures
- Delta Supporting Healthy Flying
- Aero Friedrichshafen Show Postponed
- 2020 SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo Proceeding
- Bizjet Operators See COVID-19 Bump
- Bizjet Opportunities and Challenges
- Coronavirus Appears To Shut Down Three Flight Schools
- United postpones new pilot class and warns of additional flight cuts
Mentioned in the Show
Southwest Airlines Aircraft Cleaning Video
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out our recommended Aviation Headsets, and order one for yourself!
Get the Free Aviation News Talk app for iOS or Android.
Like Max on Facebook
Follow Max on Instagram
Follow Max on Twitter
Follow Max on YouTube
Listen to all Aviation News Talk podcasts on YouTube or YouTube Premium
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.