Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Listeners recommended ten headlamps for night flying and Max purchased and evaluated six of them to see how well they worked in the cockpit. The FAA has a new Advisory Circular on Non-Towered Airport Operations, and Max talks about what’s new in it. A listener passes along an idea for identifying the runway orientation at unfamiliar airports. Another listener asks when is the best time of year to fly a Cessna172 from New York City across the country, and what routes should he take.
Click here for the current listener survey. Tell us about the aviation headset you use most, what you like and dislike about it, and if you’re planning to buy a new headset.
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Mentioned in the Show
New FAA AC 90-66B on Non-Towered Airport Operations.
Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program.
Detailed Instruction – Live Sectional Wall Map.
Video of Black Diamond Spot headlamp – varying red brightness
- EARU Crash Investigation Focuses on Wing Spar
- Citation and Cessna 150 Collide on the Ground at Marion Indiana Airport
- Cirrus Vision Jet Wins Collier Trophy
- FAA Extends ADS-B Mandate To 2040- April Fools!
- FAA Response to April Fools Story
- CANADA ADS-B MANDATE MOVES CLOSER
- Aviation reform ‘grounded’ by Barnaby’s successor
- uAvionix Introduces New Low-Cost ADS-B Products
- All-Electric Sun Flyer 2 Takes Flight