75 Mental Health and Stress in Pilots, Seattle Stolen Plane, Blackfly and Sun Flyer 2 Electric Aircraft
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance.
Send us an email – http://www.sjflight.com/Forms/inquiry.htm
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Mental Health and Stress and Pilots
In the news, Max talks about electric aircraft at AirVenture. Then he talks about the rate of depression among pilots, two recent pilot suicide accidents, and two stories where the death of a family member or friend resulted in pilots having in one case a fatal accident, and in the other a pilot deviation. Here’s a link to an FAA page on depression writen by Glenn Stoutt, Jr, who’s an Aviation Medical Examiner. And this is the FAA’s Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners on Psychiatric Conditions – Use of Antidepressant Medications.
Fatigue and Accidents Related to Death of a Friend or Family Member
No Greater Burden: Surviving an Aircraft Accident video
Jay Hopkins article – Flying Magazine column
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Blog section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Mentioned in the Show
Flying and Life podcast, EP #43
Cirrus Migration 16 Event – Las Vegas, October 11-14, 2018
Simple Flight Radio podcast
“The Columbia” from the Undone podcast, by Gimlet from January 23, 2017.
- Horizon Air Q400 Theft and Suicide
- CAFE Symposium Explores Flight’s Future
- BlackFly Multirotor Makes AirVenture Debut
- SUN FLYER 2 Type Certificate in the Works
- PIPISTREL Shows Electric Airplane Battery Charger
- Boeing Releases Pilot/Technician Forecast
- Boeing Plans Autonomous Flight Research Center
- UK pilot seeks judicial review against commercial flying age limits
- Basic Class 2 to require Statement for Passengers
- Stale Cockpit Air May Be Dulling Your Airline Pilot’s Performance
- Jail Time For Drunk Pilot